Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Any Readers Left?

I'd be surprised seeing that I haven't posted in like, forever! I don't have to tell you that life is crazy. Busy, busy, busy and this time of year is no exception. In fact, it's this time of year that schedules are packed full of holiday activities. I so wish I had more time in my day.

But, if I had more time, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't guarantee I'd post more-or start using it wisely. Might as well learn to live with my 24 hours God gave me.

It's December 2 and I really don't want to decorate for Christmas. Not because I'm not loving this time of year, quite the opposite. It thrills me to pull out our red bins from storage and hear the kids get excited. It's buggin' a little that I don't see when I can do it and I don't want to decorate two weeks before Christmas. We leave tomorrow for a weekend in Sunriver to attend Oregon's Make it With Wool Contest. I'm looking forward to seeing Doug's sister and family from Sweet Home. Oregon, not Alabama. :) And this is something our family looks forward to as it provides a little vaca for us. Plus, the girls worked really hard on their skirts and we get a kick out of seeing them model them for the judges.

Next weekend we have Doug's company party Friday and then Emily's Piano program Saturday. Guess I'll have to decorate in the middle of the week. Couldn't I just skip this year? It's all for Jesus, right? He doesn't care if we don't put up a tree.

Just kidding. We'll decorate. But, I want to know what your family does this time of year to make the art of decorating for the celebration of our Savior's birth not become a dull task or laborious job.

1 Shout Outs:

Shiloh said...

Enjoy the piano program! We have choir that day and sadly can't come. :)