Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I want the tears to come again

Sunday afternoon I thought about this coming Sunday being Easter, a day we celebrate Christ's work on the cross, and I was sad that it didn't do much in my heart. I wasn't doubting my spiritual state, but recognized I had become dry in what it means. I haven't forgotten the desperate condition I'm in without Jesus because I do find myself slowly walking the christian walk of faith and repentance. But there was a time I had cried over John 19 and I wanted those tears to come again. I want my heart to rejoice every day, not just one Sunday a year. But it just wasn't there. Until today...

In my twitter feed, I saw this video:



Then I thought about John 19 and how it doesn't end there. Christ is risen! He conquered death and gave us life.

And the tears came.

Hallelujah, what a Savior!

Prepare your heart now for this Sunday. Seek to marvel in Christ's work today when you are dealing with laundry, crying babies, stress at work, strain in relationships...you name it. If you are a child of the King you are not lost in His love for you. Another quote from my facebook feed: Though grief comes, God will show compassion, so great is the Spirit's unfailing love in your life. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Lamentations 3:32 & 1 Cor 13:7.

Maybe you are on top of the world, so-to-speak, and life couldn't be any better. Marvel still. One of the elders of my church asked a question along the lines of this: "What does the resurrection mean to you?" Today I saw that the resurrection shows me my self-exalting, self-sufficient, all-about-me-and-my-flesh attitude, then crushed it beneath the cross. The resurrection brings life and freedom. My best day is because of God's grace. My worst day is still ordained by my gracious God. Let us not forget why we celebrate Easter.

Here's to a great week in preparing for the celebration of the most glorious day the world has ever seen.

0 Shout Outs: